Map discussion (Thursdays)

K4on
Administrator
Re: Map discussion (Thursdays)

Beitragvon K4on » Fr 23. Jan 2015, 23:57

we should also consider to play artic lion blizzard layout more often on a JFTD (msot balanced one, enarly 50/50% winrate) as the map will be removed next patch.

same for shikotan island. that map has quite a few intresting layers and gameplay, which no other map offers. would like to see it a few time before it is gone forver as well.

maybe the on next events after the incoming JFTD?

I still feel guilty for not playing Battle For Quinling as often in its last days as well. Dont want to end up the same way with Artic Lion and Shikotan Island :devil2:
Bild
Weed-Killer:"MEC just started throwing people at us blindly." from all 4 directions.
Ranzpirat
Serveradmin

Beitragvon Ranzpirat » Sa 24. Jan 2015, 10:09

I'm up for both. I never understood the hate Shiko received. But I'm also not a smart man in terms of asset balance. :]

Which layouts would be best to do this?
Bild
BildBild
Mr.Sherenai: Ich gehe jetzt in den Park und schlürf mir einen mit nem dicken Eis.
Buschpilot453

Beitragvon Buschpilot453 » Sa 24. Jan 2015, 11:45

Totally forget to mention that Khami INS is not even close to be balanced. We tried it back then and ended up with lots of bans because INS team refused to play this map and started teamkilling eachother.

Only thing I remember is lots of .50 flying through the air and some Stryker sitting on the horizon close to max view distance. And thats quite alot on Khami.

I wont play this map again.
K4on
Administrator

Beitragvon K4on » Sa 24. Jan 2015, 11:55

wait. you are talking about the MEC ins or the IRAQI ins layer?
Bild
Weed-Killer:"MEC just started throwing people at us blindly." from all 4 directions.
DoctorWhose
Serveradmin

Beitragvon DoctorWhose » Sa 24. Jan 2015, 12:14

I love the notion to play underplayed maps on JFTDs, but first we really need to reestablish constant watch over both sides during play.

I dont know if we want to reinstate the rules like they were before, but we promised COs for both teams, as well as admins for both teams, at all times during a JFTD. That should also include the seeding round (like Hill 488 on Thursday). Otherwise people will start leaving before the real fun begins (like MeRk did).

Also, if we want to play with unbalanced layers and additional rules (like no CAS on Hades) we should put it into the server message cycle, maybe together with the maps being played. Otherwise you have people asking "mapvote?" every 2-3 minutes.
Bild

New guy in squad: "Need anything special?"
Me: "A brain."
Norby

Beitragvon Norby » Sa 24. Jan 2015, 12:59

K4on hat geschrieben:we should also consider to play artic lion blizzard layout more often on a JFTD (msot balanced one, enarly 50/50% winrate) as the map will be removed next patch.

There are a few things I like about this map. The blizzard layer is not one of them. I wont miss this layer. Same with Shikotan. On first look shikotan looks great but gameplay wasn't kept in mind enough during design. The new map looks so much better. Lots of different places for different fights.
There are good reasons why these are removed. I dont miss Quinling either. Had some good rounds in assets on that map but in general it wasnt great.

Do we have to play INS on JFTDs? Whenenver we do INS/AAS votes AAS wins. So majority of players on NEW wants to play AAS maps. I would just stick with that for now.

I like Vadso.
Bild
K4on
Administrator

Beitragvon K4on » Sa 24. Jan 2015, 13:02

There are good reasons why these are removed.

yes, because we wouldnt remove them for bad reasons. lol.
still enjoyable.
Bild
Nate

Beitragvon Nate » Sa 24. Jan 2015, 13:36

Okay, new proposal :) I wouldn't mind having the Blizzard Layout in the future, it seems to be the most balanced one, but Dovre Winter does the job as well, doesn't it? Maybe start with Shikotan Skirmish (is there even one?)

Bild

Bild

Bild

This way we have some terrain variety, unlike last time, where we played dark maps only and an asset-heavy map for both teams.
Ranzpirat
Serveradmin

Beitragvon Ranzpirat » Sa 24. Jan 2015, 13:39

Shikotan infantry layout is only 150:150 tickets with 2 flags iirc. Anyhow, it proposed itself as a nice alternatie to skirm with few players/while seeding.
Bild
BildBild
Mr.Sherenai: Ich gehe jetzt in den Park und schlürf mir einen mit nem dicken Eis.
K4on
Administrator

Beitragvon K4on » Sa 24. Jan 2015, 14:34

what do you guys prefer:

Bild

or

Bild

?
Bild

Zurück zu „JFTD Archive“