Joint Operations Feedback

Every Thursday evening on our PR:BF2 server
Buschpilot453
Re: Joint Operations Feedback

Beitragvon Buschpilot453 » Fr 27. Mär 2015, 17:40

Ohh i think Mats doing cmdr had a crate nearby all the time, just in case.
K4on
Administrator

Beitragvon K4on » Do 14. Mai 2015, 22:03

and the battles, like the one of Yamalia today, are the reasons why I still play PR after so many years.
Bild
Weed-Killer:"MEC just started throwing people at us blindly." from all 4 directions.
Ranzpirat
Serveradmin

Beitragvon Ranzpirat » Do 14. Mai 2015, 22:06

That was fucking bomb. All three rounds were 100% worth it! Thanks to anyone who joined and played with us tonight! :fem:
Bild
BildBild
Mr.Sherenai: Ich gehe jetzt in den Park und schlürf mir einen mit nem dicken Eis.
Picard

Beitragvon Picard » Fr 15. Mai 2015, 00:49

Actually we played a few more fantastic rounds untill one guy spammed early squads at 3 am. Really good rounds like Saaremaa.. us won with 26 tickets. so much balance :hurra3:
Neander
Serveradmin

Beitragvon Neander » Fr 15. Mai 2015, 10:59

K4on hat geschrieben:and the battles, like the one of Yamalia today, are the reasons why I still play PR after so many years.

Well doing commander this single round on Yamalia was enough commanding for me for the next weeks :ugly: Mikromanagement as it's finest

But the round was awesome and a nice organised come back of the canadian team :hurra3:
Grüße Neander | Chris Bild
Bild

Pflichtangabe zu den Inhaltsstoffen meiner Postings: Kompetenz, Erfahrung, geringe Anteile von Halbwissen. Kann Spuren von Ironie oder Hörensagen enthalten.
ELmariachi
Community Member

Beitragvon ELmariachi » Fr 18. Sep 2015, 12:05

Yestersday was horrible. worst teamplay i expierenced for a long time.

First Round Mestia:

I called my Squad Westtower and reportet to the team that my squad will take care on Westtower. The squadbriefing timer wents down and guess what? The entire Team spawns at westtower and not a single guy on easttower. i changed plans and focused on easttower. so far no comms during the round.

Second Round Muttra:

I never played such a shit round. Helicopter were down before my boat reached the docks. Absolutley no squadleader builded a firebase base. everybody rushed Westcity and Eastcity. Mecs rushed northcity and kept it. We never had a chance bcause there were aboslut no coms in the US Team. CAS sucked hard, APCs sucked even more, Trans was not really existing and the commander had not really an idea how to manage intel combined with markers. I cant even understand that it was such a close round. I had no fun on Muttra and i was one inch close to ragequit..., but i stayed.

Third Round Dragon Fly:

What a shit round too.. nobody really cared for the caches except my squad. Every Squad rushed away from the caches and fought the brits in useless fight giving them intel. And dont say it bugged. thats bullshit. if the entire team fight useless fights its normal that caches are known within a few minutes. Even the "expierenced" players did it. Why did you fight them far in the north in the open when they have the scope advantage? And why do you fight them on Trainstation when the cache is at North east City? Most of you guys suck harder at insurgency than Sasha Grey ever could. I still cant believe that we have won this round. mmmhh.. basicly it was my Squad staying ON the cache defending it, maybe thats why.

We had many idiots on the Server and i saw Admins busy to dismiss them fast, good work. But you guys should get eyes on not teamorking squadleaders and resign them. We should create an Admin Guidline how to take care about useless Squadleaders.

I had better rounds on puplic days
Bild
Blackpanther
Serveradmin

Beitragvon Blackpanther » Fr 18. Sep 2015, 12:21

ELmariachi hat geschrieben:Yestersday was horrible. worst teamplay i expierenced for a long time.

First Round Mestia:

I called my Squad Westtower and reportet to the team that my squad will take care on Westtower. The squadbriefing timer wents down and guess what? The entire Team spawns at westtower and not a single guy on easttower. i changed plans and focused on easttower. so far no comms during the round.

Mestia wasn't part of Maplist yesterday it was played befor the Event started, real maplist was Muttrah, Dragon and Burning
Bild
Für die Unentschlossenen:Bier, ja oder nein?
ELmariachi
Community Member

Beitragvon ELmariachi » Fr 18. Sep 2015, 13:28

okay, but burning sucked as hard just like the rounds before :DD
Bild
Murkey

Beitragvon Murkey » Fr 18. Sep 2015, 13:45

I had fun to some extent on all the maps, but there were issues to be sure. Mostly co-ordination between the squads and decent ability/ teamwork from guys manning assets.

I only lead a squad on Iron Ridge so can't really speak for the other rounds. Yeah, we had too many people outside the city fighting in the open. But it's an exaggeration to say that no-one defended the caches. I try to do sneaky stuff at least one round of the three with my platoon so we can keep our skill levels up. The plan on Iron ridge was to have 5 guys move outside the city hunting for Fobs and ambushing what few vehicles they had. Unfortunately 2 other squads had the same idea. So we ended up bogged down in fighting instead of moving freely outside the city. Once my guys were killed or able to make it back into the city, we defended whichever flank of the city-cache was least protected for the rest of the round. Changes of tactics are always going to happen as the round progresses.

Throughout the evening we had a few rule-breakers, but the main issues were lack of co-ordination between the squads and ineffective use of assets. We can work on getting the squads talking and working together for sure. But I'm sure there were inexperienced players on both sides. The ticket differences for Mestia and Muttrah weren't too great.

Cheers, Murkey,
Bild
Abchaz

Beitragvon Abchaz » Sa 19. Sep 2015, 08:06

If you want unskilled players to do something, just spam them until they start doing it. In Dragon Fly, our squad went to hunt enemy FOBS and Panther, because we thought random guys would defend the other caches. What is the point for experienced players to defend and let not-that-experienced to attack? It will end up in failure. Next time bring more leadership to the random guys. If you don't see any FOBS then why not build it yourself or ask anyone else from your friends to go to commander and do it? Also, give them directions on what to do. You don't have to explain it, just say something that would be interesting to them like: "enemy squad in G10 is moving north to the cache", "enemies on cache, we need more people to defend it".

I see that poor gameplay comes from the map choices where great teamwork is required. Considering that, if you want gameplay experience to improve, then maybe lets pick less teamwork oriented maps and become more casual? But Joint Operations is all about the teamwork right? So instead of sharing negative attitude, we could discuss on what to do when bad situations like this occur, like everyone taking the initiative for the gameplay experience to improve (building more fobs, guiding random people where to go and so on). From my experience, the best way to interest random people in going somewhere is not telling them to go there and do that, but like enemy sq is there, tank is there. That makes them think and act and works almost all the time.

Zurück zu „[NEW] Joint Operations“