Appeal to server owners

Server rules, Info, etc.
Zoddom
Appeal to server owners

Beitragvon Zoddom » Fr 22. Okt 2010, 17:21

This is an appeal to all server owners!
I am afraid of seeing the number of servers which dont support any sort of asset management drastically increase. On some servers PR totally lost its serious aspect and degenerated to a vanilla-public-style mod. Its very important for me to maintain the original PR-gameplay and -feeling. Thats why I want to ask you to rethink your decision about applying some sort of asset rule. It doesnt have to be a squad-asset-rule, just some measure to guarantee a fair and most important effective allocation of assets, which allows a maximum of cooperation and communication between different squads.

Sincerely,
Zoddom

P.S. ICQ 332530841 if you want to talk to me.
Amok@ndy
Serveradmin
Re: Appeal to server owners

Beitragvon Amok@ndy » Fr 22. Okt 2010, 18:04

we will stay with our First come First Serve rule
but we dont tolerate any kind of asset waste on our server !
asset wasters will get a 2nd chance and then get banned
Bild
Zoddom

Beitragvon Zoddom » Fr 22. Okt 2010, 18:31

i think you got me wrong, it wasnt about wasting assets.
its just about managing squads and team vehicles. it would make coordination and cooperation, and ofc administrating more easy.
i would recommend to rethink your decision for the sake of PR.
binary101010
Serveradmin

Beitragvon binary101010 » Di 9. Nov 2010, 11:54

We really talked alot about this topic in our internal board.
I guess we will stay with first come, first serve.

However, the commander is allowed to resign squads if they are not working in a proper way for the team with their assets.

eg. its absolute legal for a commander to resign a two man CAS Squad which does not respond via voip, if there is an other 5 man CAS Squad with spotters and so one...

As far as Iam a member of the new community, this might not be fully objective, but to me the teamplay on our server seems to be still better than on many servers with asset rules.
Predator.v2

Beitragvon Predator.v2 » Fr 6. Mai 2011, 21:55

Hey NEW,

ich grabe mal eben diesen Thread hier aus, weil ich doch ein ähnliches Anliegen habe.
Ich weiß, dass ihr das Thema schon vor einigen Monaten intern besprochen habt, aber wann immer ich euch deswegen im Mumble oder auf eurem Server anspreche, heisst es "Diskutiert das im Forum".

Also, wäre es vielleicht möglich, dass ihr besagte "first come, first serve" statt "asset rule" noch einmal überdenkt? Vorhin wieder so ein Erlebnis gehabt, dass mich kochen lässt.

Zwei Leute von PFC 508th fliegen auf Muttrah von Anfang an Transheli und entscheiden sich um 43:30 doch noch die Cobra zu nehmen (Wir waren "cas squad"). Schöne alte Vanilla Zeiten kommen hoch, mit 4 Piloten am Cobraspawn und sie haben halt mehr Glück oder die schnellere Leitung oder whatever..

Falls ihr euch entscheidet, doch die "first serve" rule beizubehalten, muss man das natürlich akzeptieren, aber gerade für mich persönlich (und viele Freunde, die ich kenne) würde das euren Server erheblich aufwerten.

Ich spreche außerdem rein privat nur für meine Person. Das hat alles nichts mit GIS+ zu tun.
i-kill-you2
Serveradmin

Beitragvon i-kill-you2 » Sa 7. Mai 2011, 00:04

[quote="Predator.v2"]Hey NEW,

ich grabe mal eben diesen Thread hier aus, weil ich doch ein ähnliches Anliegen habe.
Ich weiß, dass ihr das Thema schon vor einigen Monaten intern besprochen habt, aber wann immer ich euch deswegen im Mumble oder auf eurem Server anspreche, heisst es "Diskutiert das im Forum".

Also, wäre es vielleicht möglich, dass ihr besagte "first come, first serve" statt "asset rule" noch einmal überdenkt? Vorhin wieder so ein Erlebnis gehabt, dass mich kochen lässt.

also ich finde das die firsz serve hatt sowohl nach aber auch vorteile
Ein nachtwil ist z.b. Das was du gerade erzählt hast
Aber... :idea2: Es gibt auh vorteile wie z.b. Dass das mit dwm " wer hatt das sqad zuerst aufgemacht streit. Usw.
Bild
Myru
Serveradmin

Beitragvon Myru » Sa 7. Mai 2011, 10:06

This rule is based on consideration, that PR has a mature and intelligent community, which is able to analyse and respect each team's needs and afterwards reacting to them, this including opening expedient squads and use of assets.

Players who create a second cas squad, take vehicles and certain special kits, such as sniper, in a regular squad usually didn't understand what PR is all about. Also, those ppl are most likely going to waste the asset they claim, which doesn't have to be in the way of actually destroying it, but also using it in a way, that is not helping the team.

This kind of behaviour cannot be changed by us admins, since it's inside the heads of those ppl. But we will certainly react to such a behaviour. (warn, kick, ban)
Zuletzt geändert von Myru am Sa 7. Mai 2011, 12:32, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Bild
Bild
Hellfire
Serveradmin

Beitragvon Hellfire » Sa 7. Mai 2011, 11:16

Hey Predator
I hope you don't mind if I write this in english so everybody can understand.
In order to make our asset rule more team friendly we also included a special case, which makes it possible to assign assets to certain squads. The only requirement is to be commander and do your job the way you should. The commander has full control over all assets and can assign them the way he pleases. If his orders are ignored by any one on the team he can ask for admin punishment. With this special rule we intend on making the commander post more attractive. Due to the recent UAV bug the commander post became less popular and therefore we don't have a commander very often.
So if you join the server with alot of clanmates, planning on playing a well organized round, just provide a commander and you don't have to worry about other squads taking CAS assets etc. if you assign them to your own CAS squad. But bear in mind that you have to do your job as commander, organizing the overall team movement and not only take this post to assign assets.
This way we can keep the benefit of first come first serve rule (see below) and still give motivated commanders the chance to organize a round the way they want.

When we decided whether to have an asset rule or not we came up with following pros for the first come first serve rule:
-no arguments about who had the first asset squad (which has to be resolved by admins that might also be biased towards one side, leading to an unfair asset assignment)
-no people opening squads before 1:30 in order to get the assets
-no unexperienced players in the only squad for one asset, which are not using it the right way
-no blocking of assets, like tanks on kashan when there is only one tank squad with 3 active tanks but up to 8 possible tanks (if the first 4 are not wasted until 3:43)
-giving each squad the chance to modify it's role fast enough to adapt to new circumstances (i.e. going from full inf to mech inf if needed)

Regards
Hellfire
Bild
Curry-Chicken

Beitragvon Curry-Chicken » Mi 23. Nov 2011, 14:08

Hey guys,

first of all I haven't read both threads about this topic (I've to keep my own shop up and running). I don't want to comment on any argument, I just want to leave some feedback.

Curry's experience with the NEW asset rule.
Well, I have to say if you know how to use this rule you are able to be any unit on the battlefield - this freedom gives me the power to support my infantry with an APC inside the sqd, without have to worry who is claiming the asset. Usually im playing with 6 or more guys of my clan - most of the time I'm in charge of all [3dAC]-members on the field - that means they are receive orders from me. With that rule I can backup my powerfire and speed super quick. I'm telling 2 ducks to spawn in main then I'm asking what I can get. Most of the time we are taking an APC ('cause MECH INF is sooo badass) but you can support infantry with any asset, even CAS. I made my experience with that rule my first though was "OMG" but since we are playing more often on NEW I've to say that I'm missing that rule on NWA or PRTA from time to time. To join a running round on NWA/PRTA is a nightmare if you want to claim an asset - on NEW I'm geeting my guys (quicker) in and we can start playing straight away and we don't have to wait for the next round. I know that this rules is frustrating sometimes (especially for individuals) but this rules is just AWESOME for clans. The only problem that I see is that on maps like Kashan the assets are geeting spread out - to fight one tank is easy but to fight 3 tanks is damn hard - and so the team got a higher ticketlose. Simply stop playing Kashan :headwall:

In short for lazy readers:
Use the rule for your advantage to back up your firepower and your speed.

IMO: keep it up! There are enough servers which are using the other system, if you dont like it play there - stay unique, fuck mainstream!

(stoned) Curry.
Bild

ELmariachi: "spread on the Map like Ants on Soda..."
K4on: "Ich gammel hier im Hochsitz aufem Berg, und es regnet in strömen..."
K4on: "Darum bin ich auch so lange online xD"
Pheelz: "wooden pussies"

Zurück zu „PR:BF2 Server Info“